Old 01-11-22, 05:08 PM
tiger1964 

Bikes: Drysdale/Gitane/Zeus/Masi/Falcon/Palo Alto/Raleigh/Legnano

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 403 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
Nice. Really nice. I just don't understand 27" wheels when you start 'from th ground up'. But that's me. Zeus hoods are available from Spain.
Wow, I hope, really hope that's not technically correct. I ordered 700c wheels, the box arrived labeled 700c wheels; I happened to have a 27" rim (laced, ironically, to a Campy track hub) and put it next to the wheel I ordered, and the newer wheel is shorter. I have not tried mounting a tire yet, but...

And I had turned down generous offers from C&V/BF members for 27" wheels (and also tubulars).

Thanks for the input on Zeus hoods, so far not a single Zeus component on the bike. And there never has been.

By the way, when I inquired before ordering the wheels, the seller (Velomine) told me the hub was set up for a lock ring on one side and a single freewheel on the other. Looking at the wheel, it has the additional threads for a lock ring on BOTH sides. Bonus! Presuming I can even find more cogs, I can run two for genuine flip-flop.