View Single Post
Old 01-13-22, 01:03 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 914 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 540 Posts
Originally Posted by Germany_chris View Post
So the whole thread is disingenuous and snarky...I kinda thought it was
Snarky? Yeah...somewhat. But, I mean no real harm. Disingenuous.....not really. I'd read some blog and participated in a few threads over the years about the idea of running a short cage with a triple. It made sense to me theoretically, at least, why it could be a good idea and how to get away with it. But, by and large others's opinions were it was stupid idea and served no real benefit. Well, that may all be true, but I had no idea there was a time pro's were actually doing it and that it had been an industry trend...even if only for a short time...and was surprised to find out. I was under the impression it was a more recent hack idea going around to try and eke out a little more performance. So, was is it just an expirement that was appropriately short lived? Does it really make a difference? I don't know. I"ve never tried running the set up...yet. I'm considering it once again. It does look pretty slick, too.