Old 01-14-22, 05:57 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked 565 Times in 270 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude View Post
Any concerns with ice on that MUP? I'm thinking a very, very cold bath could be on the cards if one slid at speed and went off to the left!

DD
My ride, yesterday, was about 50 mile further south than Brian's so temp was about 45. Still, this time of year, you gotta stay diligent for winte hazards. Any dark area on the pavement could be ice, likely water but don't chance it. Solid ice, black ice or a water/ice mix. Track the sun as, even at 40, shaded areas could still be iced over. If in doubt steer to the north or west edge of the pavement and stop pedaling, coast over it. Or walk.

And be much more watchful for gravel or rock salt, or both. It will be in places that are always clear the rest of the year. Especially watch for rock salt at intersections where the trucks slow for stop signs or traffic but do not close the gate. Oh, and when plowed snow melts, chunks of ice will tumble back onto the pavement. Winter is a bad time for distracted riding.

yeah, it's different but better than riding inside all winter. And my indoor track is only about 8' long.
Likes For Prowler: