View Single Post
Old 01-15-22, 09:51 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 600 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4417 Post(s)
Liked 2,416 Times in 1,563 Posts
Originally Posted by BikePower View Post
I was looking for a Paragon a while back and turned up my nose at this one because it was not a Paragon, it was a Signature. I dont feel so good now. I think I will lie down. I didnt know. Now its too late. A once in a lifetime deal passed me by because of my own ignorance and narrow mindedness and tunnel vision for the past good fortunes that I missed the new good fortunes. Well as my dad would say, "I hope they needed it more than me" I hope whoever bought it knows what an incredible find it was, appreciates it, they keep it , ride it, enjoy it and makes them happy with the bike and their good fortune that the Universe smiled on them for a change.

Marketplace - Vintage Ross Bicycle | Facebook
Don't feel too bad. The Signature series spanned a broad range of models for pro level down to entry level and this appears be a 290s which was the bottom model in the Signature series. It's a much lower grade model than the Paragon. Note the rear axle nuts. To put it into perspective, circa 1985, the 290S had an MSRP of $219 US. About the only advantage it has over the slightly earlier Paragon is that by this time 700C rims and tyres had trickled down the line to the 260s' level. While it appears to be a good deal, it's far from a lost deal of a liftetime.
Likes For T-Mar: