Old 02-28-06, 10:26 PM
faith&bike2live

Bikes: 1993 Trek 830 and soon to buy a ...?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been researching the 7.3 FX, too. A friend and I are getting new bikes at the end of March. He's getting a 7.3 FX an I'm getting a 7.5 FX. From what I can tell, basically you're talking about comfort vs weight. The FX will have a little more rigid ride, but it is a little lighter. That just depends on your preference. I'm not sure that a paved bike trail warrants suspension, but then again, I've never had it. It might be the best thing since sliced bread and I might be full of it (Quiet there in the peanut gallery!). You could always get the FX and have the bike shop put a more comfortable seat on it before you walk out of there with it. I think the 7300 is more adjustable than the FX in height of the handlebars, too, to adjust your sitting position. The FX has a few better components, I think, but don't quote me on that.

Basically, the best thing you can do is ride both bikes and see which you like better since the price isn't all that different between the two (especially if you catch a sale). Ride on different surfaces if you can (street vs sidewalk vs alley vs parking lot... go up and down driveways, over a speed bump, etc.... but no curbs!) and test the difference in suspension, seat, etc.

Just remember....... either bike you choose will be the right one and you will love it regardless.

---------------------------------------------------------
"We now return to our regularly scheduled ice cream, already in progress......."

Last edited by faith&bike2live; 02-28-06 at 10:44 PM.