View Single Post
Old 01-20-22, 08:42 AM
le bici di jaco
SAARF WAS WRONG!

Bikes: Colnago: Supers '79/'80, '81, '89 (Piu), '91/'92 (Piu); Mexico '82/'83. Basso "Gap" '84

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by fabiofarelli
Better not to be too straightforward comparing the models. Two versions of the same Empella model, the Turbo. They're about the same age, one is build by Martens, the other by by Weymans. Uniformity was not that important those days.
And, Ad van Empel sometimes bought frames he'd liked and sold them.
Thanks for those examples. None match as far as I can see. I am only going by actual frame features; primarily the seat stay cap treatment since it seems the most distinctive among other frames I have, or that I have seen; unfortunately, it is a more difficult feature to discern without having detailed photos. The head lug design and cut-outs seem fairly commonplace comparatively.
I have yet to receive any message from Empella; it may be to far in the past to be of any concern to them, although it would be nice to get a response in kind regardless if they can provide any information or not. I might have to see if I can contact Ad in a more direct manner since I don't know it he is involved with that shop anymore given that he established it circa 1981.
Likes For le bici di jaco: