Old 01-25-22, 11:10 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked 1,170 Times in 682 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Well, if you're going to nit-pick the use of the metric when the poster's point was obvious (see your "I'll take" comment above where you basically concede the point he was making), you're absolutely wrong about that. Four people with 100 years total experience does not mean they each have 25 years experience--one of them might have 50 years experience and the other 3 might average 16.66 years experience. Truth be told, it's highly unlikely that 4 people would have been doing this exactly 25 years each. So, assuming that the other mechanics can consult with each other, does the shop have 50 years experience or 25 years?

In this instance, your nitpick is really pointless as knowing there are 4 mechanics with a total of 100 years experience tells you this is a small shop with at least one mechanic who has 25+ years of experience. You seriously believe that the learning curve on bicycle repair is such that the difference between 25 years and 100 years experience makes any difference at all?
It is a silly metric. i gave two examples. there are many others as Reflector Guy pointed out. it was not my intent to list them all. your example is yet another.

i agree, the posters point was obvious but the use of the metric is very misleading. what am i wrong about exactly?

speaking of nitpicking...can't you ever let something just go? is this really that big of a deal?