Aardwolf
Wheelman

Bikes: 1982 Holdsworth Avanti (531), 1961 Holdsworth Cyclone

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 340 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclic_eric
Very fast looking Red. That rear derailleur looks like it will accept a more useful freewheel range than 14-19. Are you setting the bike up to ride? The stem and seatpost don't look like they are ready to be ridden yet.
Yep that RD is a Sun Tour VX GT (only just discover it's the GT variant) so it will handle 34 !!!!
Currently got 14-28 instead of the original 14-19 because I'm over the hill and need some help.
The RD is probably original (right date code) but I've no idea why Holdsworth would have fitted a GT.

The Avanti only ever came in "pearl red", I really like the colour. It feels fast, even if I'm not (yet).
And the Tufo S33 Pro red is the cheapest tubular at Wiggle.

That photo is from 3 months back when I was adjusting the setup and getting back into cycling, and before I got some aluminium polish
I should take another photo but the weather is mostly gloomy and I ride on sunny days.
The stem is now a bit lower and I've adjusted the saddle a lot, weirdly I still like the Selle Italia Sprint - had one from new 40 years back.

And apologies for the eyelets, but the thread is rusty so they've probably never been used.