View Single Post
Old 01-26-22, 11:16 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 1,706 Times in 620 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
There are so many nice complete Japanese tourers out there right now, I just don’t see the value in a frame with cosmetic issues.

Maybe my market is just soft. Bought a 1985 Nishiki Cresta a two weeks ago, with first gen DA derailleurs (not original). Second time I owned this bike. $80. And it was for sale for a couple of weeks.

I saw a really nice Pro Tour for $175. Needed refreshed. Passed.

Now the chrome sample should enjoy a chrome premium. My comments are in regards to local sale.
I would tend to agree there are a lot of complete nicer light touring and drop bar Japanese cross bikes on the market in similar condition in the $200-300 price range. It seems really nice examples of frame and fork sets with good cosmetics are going for $200-250 plus shipping. For this one with some dings and paint issues I would say $150-175 if you up for the time and effort and fees of selling ebay it should be noted that shipping costs are up and Ebay charges fees based on the entire purchase price including shipping so you will only clear $125 or so if you go that route. I would say consider offering it here on the forums for $150 plus shipping and see if you get any takers.