Old 02-02-22, 05:22 PM
NOLA Sekai 4K 

Bikes: '73 Gitane Tour de France; '79 Peugeot PKN-10 Competition; '78 Sekai 4000 Pro; '72 Gitane TDF; '72 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts
I guess it's fairly common knowledge (among all of us) that the "saddle not included" issue is a potential red flag.

In the first pic I posted after his original two, which shows the bars and head badge, you'll spot the saddle he replaced the Brooks with before meeting with me. I imagine he just neglected to post a new pic with the replacement saddle after we parted, and thus didn't remove the "SNI" comment from his Craigslist posting. And I didn't think to suggest this, either, because the new saddle was already in place.

Incidentally, you'll notice in my photos that he removed the nice fenders that were in the original post, perhaps when he returned stateside...but he didn't mention that in his post either. They're included with the sale, though not original to the bike.

Also, I'll bet I'm not the only one that thinks it's a mistake to insert OBO after an asking price, which invites low-balling and/or indicates seller desperation (he wasn't desperate).

Hey, we're all experienced with Craigslist, and this seller definitely isn't. I expect he didn't post current photos because his focus is elsewhere, and he just wants to find the bike a nice home. (He did tell me the bike was just a bit too small for him.)

As the saying goes, "you had to be there". I thoroughly researched the model before I met the seller and saw the bike in person...it's no bait and switch scam, IMHO. Just naivete on the seller's part, all due respect to him, and to those responding to this post.

Last edited by NOLA Sekai 4K; 02-02-22 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Likes For NOLA Sekai 4K: