Old 02-07-22, 05:03 PM
LuMax

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Tarmac 2019 "Sagan" Edition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Wahoo Kickr v5 or Saris H3? Ready to purchase!

I am ready to buy either the Saris H3 or the Wahoo Kickr v5.
(I also like the Tacx Neo 2T but have narrowed my choice to one of these trainers)

I've read a bunch of reviews and watched a few videos, they seem to alternate between the two as to which is the better trainer. Each time I think I have decided I read another review and swap over to the other trainer.

Background: For the last few years my indoor training has been on a Saris Phantom 5 Cycle using Rouvy Workouts and Rouvy AR (it does not have Zwift compatibility). I am selling it so I can join all of my riding buddies who are already on Zwift, I am the only one in my group who is not. I do not race or do triathlons, I would describe myself as a serious amateur cyclist, I average ~4,000-5,000 miles per year.

Considerations: I live alone in my house so noise is not a consideration (I usually jam loud music while exercising), and the price difference is not a big deal for me considering how much I have invested in my cycling gear already, and I have a spare 11-speed cassette. I will be connecting to a Windows 10 Pro PC on a fast network and 4K monitor. My bike is equipped with Di2, 11 speed, disc brakes, Garmin Vector pedals, Garmin 1030 computer.

So from a standpoint of reliability, performance, connectivity, customer service/technical support, and overall happiness with your trainer, which would you buy today?

Thanks, Tim