View Single Post
Old 02-09-22, 12:46 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10424 Post(s)
Liked 11,896 Times in 6,094 Posts
Originally Posted by Germany_chris
I don't regret the money spent I was just surprised how much it ended up being since it was spent a couple hundred at a time after the initial frame purchase.
Yep. I bought a bike for $150. It was mostly complete. But it needed a front wheel. Then i discovered it needed a new bar. Then, new brake levers, to be really authentic. A new RD, for the same reason. Then the NDS crank stripped out its threads when I tried to pull it, and I damaged it taking it off, so a new crankset. Then a new seatpost, since the old one was too short. Then I found a tubular wheelset for $50, so a new pair of tubulars. Then a new saddle after one of the solid aluminum rails on the Concor Superleggera broke. And that's not counting new cables, new brake pads, new bar tape, new tires and a new cassette for the first wheelset. New freewheel for the tubular wheelset. Then new pedals after I decided that DynaDrive with clips and straps wasn't for me.

I have not totaled it all up. I did buy as cheap as I could find without compromising too much, but still.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles