Old 02-12-22, 06:44 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3654 Post(s)
Liked 5,392 Times in 2,737 Posts
Originally Posted by Symox
In short, I'm very impressed. Just did my first ride with a GP5000 in the rear and Gatorskin in the front on some hills . (The rear tire that wore out first. I only replace tires when they wear out and the front usually lasts 2x as much, thus the new GP5000 in the rear) Both are 28mm, the max that fit on my frame/rims. I feel like the GP5000 has better grip, speed and comfort than the Gatorskin. The grip in particular feels much better.

Don't know about longevity or puncture resistance, but if this tire holds up like its reputation, I may have found my new tire . Looking forward to when the front tire wears out and I can put a GP5000 there too.

The GP5000 looks skinnier but after a couple of days at high pressure it measures almost the same in width.

I really like the fact that the sidewalls are rubber and hopefully won't "thread out" like the Gatorskins do as they age.

Don't get me wrong, the Gatorskins are a great tire (I know some don't like 'em), but the GP5000 seems more fun to ride
I'm impressed that you are able to feel all this with the new tire only on the rear!
Likes For shelbyfv: