Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by qwaalodge
I have bit of good and bad news, I adjusted the fit on trainer. I have different fit on trainer vs actual bike. I'm in more aero position in trainer.

I made the trainer more upright by increasing stack and reducing reach. For the last two days since I made the adjustments, I no longer feel localized soreness over the heart. Only general soreness over the left and right lung regions if I try to make deep breaths, it never bothered me because I feel it every time I do tempo or FTP sessions.

Although it seems the problem is solved, it would also hint the problem maybe caused by Angina triggered by aero position. I DO have history of angina but I never had it during and after exercise, at least not until I started spending a lot more time on the trainer. I did not actually spend more time training because if I'm not on the trainer, I would be riding my bike outdoors.

The frequency of my angina attacks went down dramatically ever since I took on cycling but I still get it from time to time in non-exercise related triggers, mainly stress. I'm still going to see a doctor.
Why do you think it's angina? Many people mistake heartburn for angina (among them my mother). That's a simpler explanation for the different effects of position. You could experiment with omeprazole (OTC), see if that made a difference.