Old 02-19-22, 07:02 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
Liked 2,534 Times in 1,433 Posts
I have 2 Cascades. A 125mm drop and 150mm drop. Both 30.9.

They are pretty good, but not perfect.

The difference between the two is that the 150 has an extra slide bushing, and the stanchion part of the post (the part of the post that slides) is a lot wider.

The 125 is about a year old and has a bit of wobble and rotational play. Still works fine and I don’t notice it or care when riding. The 150 is 2 years old and has very little play.

The one real issue I have is with the 150. If you clamp the seat collar too tight it does not slide well. The problem is that when I ran the collar loose enough for the dropper to return up, the post would slide during the ride. Tighten the collar enough to keep it from slipping, and the dropper does not return.

Friction paste solved this problem, but window between too tight and too loose is very narrow, and eventually it closed and I need to re-apply the paste again. This has only happened once in a year.

The upside is that PNW has amazing CS, and a lifetime warranty, so if I get too frustrated with this, I am pretty sure they will take care of it.

I have not had to do any maintenance yet, but it is supposedly pretty easy. Any post that needs to be sent somewhere for service is a non-starter.

On the whole I am satisfied for the money I payed. I need another post for a new bike and I will be buying another PNW.

FWIW, my Gravity Dropper is 16 years old and still works flawlessly.

Last edited by Kapusta; 02-19-22 at 07:11 AM.
Likes For Kapusta: