Thread: 20 miles in...
View Single Post
Old 03-10-22, 07:09 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveInConverse
So, I recorded my 20th mile with my '22 Trek FX1 Disc and so far I'm really happy with the performance of the bike. I did swap out the front tire for a 40c Nano and that made a lot of difference in the ride compared to the stock tire. I've got a 38c Nano All Terrain coming for the rear. I've done mostly paved trails with some gravel/packed dirt thrown in and it's done fine. It shifts extremely smoothly and aside from falling over one time when my shorts got hung up on the nose of the saddle, I've managed to stay upright. I would give the whole experience thus far a 10/10.

I've not been on a bike in quite a few years and building confidence for trail riding is a slower process than I'd like. Only way I know of to improve is to keep pushing myself a little further each time and ride as often as possible. Sadly, I'm still a little intimidated by the prospect of a crash or just getting hurt from dumping it over. I'm not a speed demon by any means and I'm being careful...maybe too careful lol

The big news is you're at least 20 miles into your own legs. The biggest hurdle is getting on it in the first place and then coming back.

Keep going, but get shorts that can't hang up on the saddle! That sounds potentially very painful.

FX bikes are a lot of fun. Congrats and welcome!
Likes For livedarklions: