Old 03-14-22, 07:37 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
This thread of conversation and pics just gave me anxiety....
And speaking of anxiety, couple weeks ago I get a PM about this.

https://bikerecyclery.com/blog/jim-m...g-frame-jm179/

Reach out to Justyne and go have a look, very cool, good shape, another one of Jim's personal bikes he built for himself.

$1400 ask, damn, no pot to pee in. Offer to do trade or partial for 82 Bianchi SL frame, no go. She says "I'll clean it up and put it up for sale in the next couple of weeks". I think it may not last that long if she really has other interest so I took off, sidelined it and flailed around for funding with no real luck.

Finally scrounged up about $400 and thought I might reach out and get her to let me put some kind of a deposit on it.

Then I get a text, the damn thing is on PDX CL for 2 hours at $1200, reach out and tell her I'm in, still without full funding. "It sold 2 minutes ago, sorry"

EF me, Guess I should have figured it out sooner, drug my feet a bit on account of the high ask but will be kicking myself for a long time.
Likes For merziac: