View Single Post
Old 03-18-22, 02:21 PM
Bimmer69

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by chas58
I'm basically your height. If I do the "jam the book" method above, my inseam is 86cm - although I wear 32" jeans

IMHO, the critical distance is my reach to the handlebars - Top tube length + stem. Depending on how you calculate it, mine is 64cm. That puts me on a traditional bike of 54cm + 10cm stem. When ordering canyon, that it the key measurement.

I got a Small (only thing I've ever ordered in small). My reach is a little shorter than normal (and stack a little lower), but it fits me amazingly well. I was surprised.

IMHO, if you are between sizes like I was, get both sizes, try them out, and send back the one you don't want. That is what I did (ordered a small and medium). Guessing and calculating is great, but when spending this $$$, I want it to be spot on.
ah, yes you’re right. I did the jam-the-book thing and measured it as 32”.
so I guess I’m a size small. The Germans must be giants

I’m not really in a place where ordering two and returning one is an option.
I’d have to pay shipping, duties, and taxes to Canada, which works out to ~$600 per bike.
and then another $300 to ship one of them back. And spend ages trying to get the taxes and duties refunded on the returned bike.

As long as we’re on the subject I noticed most of Canyon’s line up is “coming soon.” Does anyone know how this panned out last year? Were the bikes actually listed as available to order and what timeframe? Wondering if I’m too late to the game.

Last edited by Bimmer69; 03-18-22 at 02:28 PM.