View Single Post
Old 03-20-22, 07:32 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul
if the route of that charity event happens to take place using a public area & is part of the route you normally ride, all while you are unware of that event happening on the typical day you ride in that common area; it would not bother me if I operated the event or was a paying rider.

Trying to avoid being caught in that predicament is what I try to do. I'll fall back on to a Plan B route, hold-off until the event is done, or if need be, abort mission & plan for another day to take that route when it's not preoccupied by an event.
If that were possible, I literally would not be able to ride any weekend where I live. Spray painting arrows on the pavement, signs showing the route. putting a burden on local services that my taxes pay, and then trying to dictate who can ride when and where on public roads is ridiculous. They never remove the signs or clean off the pavement.

Larry, I would not go poaching but I personally get really annoyed at the self entitlement that many of these rides and riders have, especially the gran fondo crowd. Charity my ass.