Old 03-23-22, 10:25 AM
1964Supersport

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Supersport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 79 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Dylansbob
I'm in my late 40s, diagnosed with spinal stenosis several years ago after badly herniating a few discs. My father has had at least 3 surgeries for it as well. He's never really done any of the PT recommended, so it probably won't be long before the docs tell him he needs another....

For me, I run the bars ~1" higher than the saddle and muck with the saddle angle a bit to get my back in a pretty neutral position on the bike. I also run 165mm cranks whenever I can, although that may be more a benefit to my torn hip labrum. I also am fairly religious in performing regular stretches these days and watch my posture when sitting. Between all my issues, I HAVE to ride almost every day. Getting a moderate 30-40min ride in seems to make a huge difference in how much inflammation I feel, one of my PT's said that exercise helps keep the blood flushed out of the bad places.
Thanks for sharing that information, I do core exercises that seem to help. I'm in pretty good shape for my age, just turned 67. When I was younger I was really into Martial Arts, studied for 10 years. Sometimes I wonder if I'm feeling the effects from that. I was just diagnosed last year with Spinal stenosis, probably had it before that but waited for Medicare to kick in before seeing a Doctor.
Likes For 1964Supersport: