View Single Post
Old 03-31-22, 03:23 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,434 Times in 816 Posts
Originally Posted by OldTryGuy
DO NOT TAKE CIPRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black BOX WARNING from FDA for ATHLETIC INDIVIDUALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***Today we're warning patients and healthcare providers that fluoroquinolones can increase the occurrence of rare but serious ruptures or tears in the main artery of the body, called the aorta, which can lead to dangerous bleeding or even death,” said FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D. “Certain patients are at ...Dec 20, 2018 ***

MANY DOCTORS ARE STILL UNAWARE OF EFFECTS WITH ATHLETIC INDIVIDUALS. ALSO TENDON DAMAGE!!!!!
Thanks for the info, it was already discussed with the doctor. I had been on a different antibiotic that did nothing to help. My prostate was at a point where a stronger antibiotic was necessary to stop the infection. Evidently, the e coli infection is antibacterial resistant. With the Cipro, I started to have improvement in 2 days, by day 5 my bowels were able to empty with out help and most of the abdominal pain was gone. Today, the only effects I am feeling are tiring quickly and having to deal with the urine bag. Also, I am presently very inactive, when I am able to return to cycling, I will do so slowly and build up the conditioning. I will know more, hopefully, after seeing the urologist on the 6th. Thanks again for your concern.
Likes For delbiker1: