Old 04-02-22, 01:29 PM
flan48

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Gundo
I can sympathize. Everyone in my club is younger and faster. They wait for me on the hills but i feel bad about making them wait for me.
Similar to my experiences. The problem, as I see it, is that I am kind of a "tweener", not quite a C rider any more, but more than a D+ rider. On C rides, there are usually several people who are really C+, but ride with the C's and then rush to the front of the pack and push the pace - really pisses me off.

Last year we have had one ride leader who began to lead "Slow C" rides, averaging 11.5-12.0 mph (advertised as 11-11.5). That was great with really nice people. That lasted for maybe 4 or 5 weeks when faster riders joined. The last time I rode with them, after 2 miles I was already a good 100 yards behind. I simply turned around, called the ride leader, who begged me to stay with them ("we'll wait for you just down the road"), but I said thanks, I don't want to hold back the group. I then did a further 17 miles and finished at an average speed of 12.0 mph.

I then decided that I would either find another club, or do primarily solo rides. I love this sport too much to get aggravated doing it.

Most importantly, please stay safe out there.

Best regards

Last edited by flan48; 04-02-22 at 01:31 PM. Reason: grammatical error
Likes For flan48: