View Single Post
Old 03-02-06, 03:14 PM
jacksbike

Bikes: Trek 7.5 Hybrid, Trek 1.1 Road, Holdsworth touring,Raleigh International,Ritchey Commando,Italvega Speciallissimo,et.al.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
I have used the Mongoose Alley Cat since 1997 when my daughter was 4 (she is 13 now)and have used it a second time with my 6 year old son. It does take a bit of time to get used to since there is now a lot of weight and flex from your seat post and rear part of your frame. My daughter loved it and it gave her the confidence to ulitmately ride her own bikes. Plus, more importantly , we could all go on a family ride together rather than be held back by a hard peddling and struggling child on a 16" bike. My son enjoys it immensely. We have been thinking about buying a Trek or something like it with speeds. The Alley Cat is very heavy and it would be nicer to have something with a lighter frame, wheel, and gears. Also, the attachment design has changed since I purchased the Alley Cat. The newere trail bikes, I believe, have a stronger and less flexible attachment to the seat post. Anyway, they sure are fun and made our family cycling a lot more enjoyable !