Old 04-09-22, 05:34 AM
qwaalodge
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 79 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Increase training time by about 10% per week. You body needs time to adapt. For headwinds, treat them as long pass climbs. Gear down, maintain normal cadence and a maintainable pace. Ignore speed completely. Try to get more aero. Go hard on the hills.

IMO minimum effective trainer time is 45'. Most indoor days, maintain a moderate pace, just below VT1: https://www.acefitness.org/fitness-c...2-and-vo2-max/

OK to warm up to that pace over a few minutes. Save the Z4 for the weekend. Once a week, do the fast pedal, steady 120 rpm for as long as you can, up to 40'.

Or instead, do one-legged pedaling drills, indoors only. I prop the lazy foot in the frame triangle Training for climbs in rolling hill terrain?

The harder one rides, the more choosy one becomes about what one puts in one's belly, and when, and how often
Will do that when my time frees up, thanks. I'd probably just end up bringing three two bottles of drink, one bottle for wetting my shirt, and strawberry jam sandwich.

Strawberry jam have always worked for me. The rest of the day, I keep a low calorie diet to keep my weight ~130 lbs and BMI of 20.

Last edited by qwaalodge; 04-09-22 at 06:21 AM.