View Single Post
Old 04-09-22, 10:11 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4193 Post(s)
Liked 3,837 Times in 2,295 Posts
"when you build your Pro-ish frame, be sure to include a stylised AS cut out on the BB shell so we can see the Campagnolo logo on the accordion sleeve over the BB spindle." Prowler

I got past my cut out BB shell phase way long ago. And I disliked the Campy two piece plastic shield/sleeve, Every Campy BBed bike I rode ended up with the far easier Sugino accordion sleeves.

Vertyg- Your experience mimics mine in that those era high end Raleighs seemed to shift geometry with each production series. I mostly want to make a Pro inspired frame/fork because of having some past with Pros and I learned to like the look. As I mentioned I remember my 1978 Pro (a far different Pro than those before) was the nicest riding Pro I have had. So I'm not married to any specific geometry. I'm noy looking to make a copy or replica, just a bike that looks like it might be a Raleigh Pro but won't be. Andy