Old 04-10-22, 06:08 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6935 Post(s)
Liked 10,940 Times in 4,674 Posts
Originally Posted by qwaalodge
Dog are more likely to turn aggressive towards anything that don't look or smell familiar to them. Dogs recognize by smell, form, and movement.

Smell is a huge deal to dogs. Keep smells as little as possible. Avoid fabric softener, perfume, cologne, strong smelling soap / shampoo. Shower after every workout or any activity that makes you sweat. Avoid eating red meat / exotic foods before a ride. Keep your BMI under 23.

You'll find dogs are less likely to chase women due to less body odor and less meat on diet. Someone on a bike is less likely to be seen as prey by dog. More often than not, if chased, they see you as a threat

Appearance will also matter. In this aspect, simply try to blend in. If all the cyclists in your area are riding on cruiser bikes and not wearing helmets you'll greatly improve your chance of avoiding catching dog's attention if you also ride on cruise bikes and not wear helmet.. I'm only saying it as an example, not to discourage anyone from wearing a helmet. I wear helmet in all my outdoor rides too even in short 5 minute rides.

Finally, movement. Avoid any rough, sudden movements. Make smooth delivery of power on the pedal. Avoid abrupt pedaling, avoid aggressive motions on the bike. Avoid unusual postures. Riding like a clown will absolutely get a dog's attention from miles away.

Originally Posted by qwaalodge
Don't forget the noise. Loud hubs come to mind.

In the OP's video, I can't decide which one is more annoying, the dog's bite or the owner's screechy robot voice.

I used to have a dog. Well behaved around people outdoors, including people on bikes. Only makes exception on people who ate exotic foods or took alcohol. They did smelled strong even I would find them of suspicious character. If I am a cop, I would have tried to stop them too for questioning.

Complete and utter nonsense.
Likes For Koyote: