Old 04-14-22, 09:58 AM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by noimagination
Two posters have mentioned this. What does that mean, and what are the reasons for this? If a bike comes equipped with tubeless wheels, does that mean that you'll assemble the bike and put tubes in before you put it on the floor? So, if I buy a bike with tubeless wheels/tires, I have to know that I have to request the bike to be set up as tubeless? Or, other?

Sorry, I'm not really interested in tubeless wheels myself (not necessary for my style of riding and location), but it seems strange that a bike manufacturer would go to the trouble of spec-ing tubeless, and then the customer doesn't get the bike set up as tubeless unless they specifically ask for that to be done.

Obviously, I know very little about how a bike shop is run.
We don't ever put a bike on the floor w/ the tires set up tubeless, they ALWAYS have tubes in them. It's just easier and cleaner...if a bike that's tubeless loses air pressure then the bead of the tire might un-seat and the sealant will end up on the floor. Every bike gets a pre-sale check so if the customer wants tubeless it only takes a few minutes to set it up at that time. If we're building a bike that's sold we'll do it at the time of the build since the customer will be picking it up within a day or 3.