Old 04-19-22, 09:47 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,822 Times in 1,541 Posts
Originally Posted by Moisture
the only "fit issue" I can comment on would actually be the crank arm length. This bike leans quite a lot around fast, sharp turns... Basically the sort of riding that no average verve rider would ever engage in. A 302mm high bottom bracket (even for a XL frame....) Would work great with 180mm while fitting large riders much better than the stock 170mm..

If brands dont want to spec the right size arms for the XL sizes, why on earth does the bottom bracket need to be so high, especially across all the sizes..?

This really is the only thing I'm trying to address, on an otherwise great bike.

I had a lot of trouble finding a 1-1/8 quill stem for a threaded fork... To play around with different stems, I would need to convert to threadless anyways.
I think your are over thinking it on the crank size. pretty much only people who make 180 or larger are Zinn. 175,177 and 177.5 seem seem to be max.
And there is a trend to shorter cranks (not sure I buy in on it) unless you are like 6' 8' or so 180 is not likely to be needed