View Single Post
Old 04-22-22, 04:55 AM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked 389 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by mibike
You can use RideWithGPS for this. Pair your RWGPS account to your Germin Connect account. When you finish a ride and it uploads to your Garmin account it will also be sent to your RideWithGPS account, While viewing the map if in planning or edit mode there is a Heatmaps drop down select Personal Heatmap. If not in planning or edit mode under the Settings drop down select Personal Heatmap. This will show all your rides with a purple line. It will also get darker and wider so you can see which roads you ride more then others,

There is also a Global Heatmap that shows where others ride. It can help with planing a ride in an area you don't know.
Do you know how to make a map with turn by turn direction for the Garmin 830? I have used my phone with Ride with GPS and honestly like it. The Garmin I hate with a passion (brand new).

I would be happy to use anything that would get me turn by turn directions with the Garmin.