Thread: Swift folders
View Single Post
Old 04-24-22, 08:52 PM
iamdougsbike

Bikes: ‘15 Traitor Wander, ‘14 Scott Aspect 740, ‘12 Giant Defy 1, Xoort Swift, ‘09 GT Avalanche w/ 1000w hub motor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rear Rack…

https://vincita.cc/products/c029-v-r...atpost-carrier

that’s a copy of the rear seatpost mounted rack that Zootr used to sell before discontinuing the Swift… Not a lot of help since you have a carbon seatpost.

I was considering a Tern Rapid Transit Rack for my Swift at one time and did a mock up by matching the tire sizes on two photos… here’s what that looks like with the bike folded. I imagine any rack made for a 20 inch folding bike would work similarly well but also prevent the seatpost from going all the way down when folded…

Originally Posted by extecher
Is there a good rear rack for Swift Folders?

Mine has one on the front but I'd also like one on the back. It offers an odd engineering conundrum since traditional rack setups won't work if you want the bike to fold, and the odd size of the seatpost means you average seatpost rack won't fit (Though I have a carbon fiber one so I don't want to put a rack on it to begin with). In looking at other rack options I found the Thule Pack and Pedal rack which ratchets onto the forks on the rear of the frame, bypassing both of the issues I'm seeing. Anyone with experience with that particular rack on a Swift or another option?

Last edited by iamdougsbike; 04-24-22 at 08:59 PM.
Likes For iamdougsbike: