Old 04-25-22, 06:01 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,059 Times in 1,078 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
My Aunt Emma's farts are more deadly than a little diesel smoke. Guy is also an idiot. Your wokesters are very odd.
I am indeed woke to the fact, to use that parlance, that diesel particulate is bad ****. After 25 years in the industry including 18 for a diesel engine manufacturer, I can say with some first hand knowledge that intentionally dumping intentionally dirty diesel exhaust onto people who are exercising thus breathing deeply is harmful. I'm an engineer, not a lawyer, so i don't know if it constitutes assault, assault and battery, or what. Harmful? Check. Intentional? Check. Premeditated? If the offender has modded the control system with resisters on the right circuit, a common practice known to generate smoke and widely discussed on diesel forums for the explicit purpose of dumping smoke on people, or with one of several off the shelf mod kits with smoke settings, then there is criminal intent.

Your position is, to put it mildly, ludicrous.