View Single Post
Old 04-27-22, 07:21 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3136 Post(s)
Liked 1,704 Times in 1,029 Posts
I tend to favor my left (i.e. make more power) because my right knee is pretty wracked up from injuries, surgeries, and arthritis. However, being conscious of that tendency, I can completely correct it by being more tolerant of (or maybe ignoring) the pain and discomfort in my right and deliberately pushing harder despite it. So, for example, I can see L/R 46/54 on one ride, and then the exact opposite, 54/46, on the next. It’s also not unusual for me to see 52/48.

I’m not sure how power production figures in all that because there are so many variables ride-to-ride, bit I guess what it suggests to me is that the OP might want to see how simply being aware of the variation affects the situation before undertaking any leg-specific training to correct it.