Miles2go
Zen Master

Bikes: Cervelo R5 - SuperSix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 42 Posts
Moved to the P Zero Race TLR from the Conti 5000TL

Wow it's been a while since I posted here. Busy being the president of an awesome cycling club for senior riders here in Tucson, and lots of other fun stuff.
That said, this is a thread I certainly need to follow.
My data: 5'10" 153lbs. Fast and strong 55+ rider, doing some racing but mainly training to see just how strong I can get.
The conditions we ride in here are some of the hardest a tire can see. Always arid, super hot in the summer, rough roads and often debris-covered.
Also ride the epic Mount Lemmon many times a year, and you need excellent grip for that descent.

I mostly ran Michelins before switching to tubeless a couple of seasons ago. From that time, until just a few days ago, I only ran the Conti 5000TL. This tire served me very well, and a number of the stronger riders in our club use them. Unfortunately though, they are insanely difficult to mount on my wheels and it's this reason that I just switched to the Pirelli P Zero Race TLR.
The P Zero Race TLR is much more comfortable in the same size and at the same pressure. It also feels much more lively than the 5000TL.
We'll see how long they last here in Tucson, and if they don't work out I'll be watching to see how the 5000s does for others, how easily it mounts on difficult wheel fitments, etc.

Miles, smiles & tailwinds!