Old 05-06-22, 05:52 PM
linberl

Bikes: 2017 BF pakiT & Dahon Mu Uno (both for sale); current ride - Trident Spike trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 230 Posts
You could consider something like power grips as an in between step. google them. Then go to the hardware store and get a foot of double-sided velcro (the kind that sticks to itself). Cut 2 strips, lace thru your pedals at an angle from underneath, and. velcro on top. Sit on the trike, set your feet comfortably, and the adjust the velcro over your shoe. You enter the velcro at an angle with your toe and the straighten your foot on the pedal which tightens the velcro. Adjust length as needed. It'll cost you less than two bucks, works as good as the power grip straps do (I've owned them) and you can pull and push. The "pull" is not as perfect as with clipless but it might be enough for you,, or not. I got my trike recently as well. I did this at first but find I like to move my toes around the pedal when I ride to avoid sore spots, so I ran it under and around me heels which is working fine for me.