Old 05-07-22, 08:14 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20808 Post(s)
Liked 9,450 Times in 4,668 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
I blocked WhyFi months ago, so no worries. I have lead rides for years for Seattle’s largest cycling club where one rule at the beginning of each ride lecture is always ride single file if there are cars around. Why? So we don’t piss them off. Seems like very clear reasoning to me since there are plenty of aggressive drivers who don’t like cyclists. The curves in question that day had a 6’ shoulder, which I have ridden dozens of times either alone with the club. There was zero reason to take the lane to impede traffic since the shoulder is plenty wide, nicely paved with no obstacles. IMO, they were being inconsiderate, needlessly endangering themselves and creating ill will for no good reason. Being considerate of all is good practice when practical and in this instance it was very practical. If there was zero to little shoulder we would be having a different conversation since there are decents where I do take the road because the guard rails are right against the lane with no shoulder. My safety takes precedence there but I can also travel as fast as the cars at 40 MPH. Hope this clarifies things.
Let's see the road.