genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearhawker
I almost never move off the road - the rare exception is when I know I'm going more slowly than normal and just can't go faster and when I feel like it. I'm doing my best and working my ass off in almost all cases and the "inconvenience" to anyone behind me is less than trivial and not normally even a consideration for me. The effort required to make up lost time for someone with a motor is a slight movement of the foot - and I'm not responsible for any mental health issues they have, while I'm out working on mine.

Except here to get the cops to even *consider* looking into an incident you need the following information as an *absolute minimum*:
time/location
vehicle make/model/colour
plate
AND a description of the driver that will stand up in court.

Hence the horn - if I can get them on camera I will. In this particular case the driver didn't stop to give me a piece of their mind, but I was lucky in that I saw where he turned off so it was easy to speak to him.

Am I lucky buddy didn't make it a violent encounter? One of us is for sure.
Hey, I use a horn too. Makes me feel better. And I agree with your comment regarding the inconvenience to the driver. Strange how it takes so much strength and will for them to lift their foot, or even move it to the brake pedal.

But in the end you confronted the driver... that part never works. Damn idiots always double down with stupidity. I used to confront motorists... heard nothing but the lamest excuses and BS... and it almost always ended with "cars own the road." Just doesn't work to confront a driver... and here in the States United, some idiots might use that confrontation to "stand their ground."

As far as the police... most of them are dedicated drivers. 'Nuff said. (occasionally you might find one that cycles and sees your point... but that's rare)
Likes For genec: