Old 03-03-06, 12:10 PM
ravenmore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OC Roadie
Nice report and good job on your first race . Hopefully you learned an important lesson, ALWAYS check your gear before you head to the start line. I check to make sure my quick releases are secure, my wheel is spinning correctly and true, and that my brakes are closed. Do you have a spare set of wheels that you can bring along? It sucks to race on your trainer wheel, but it sounds like it would've been better than your situation. Good luck on the next one
I had the wheel trued right before the race. It went out of true during the race. Its a wheel defect and I'm talking to the manufacturer about it. I have another set of of heavier wheels I'm using during my upcoming race (the Neuvations).

Lecterman - I stayed in Kerr. One of the funnest years of my life. I hung out w/a lot of the football players. One of my buddies was Mean Joe Green's son Major (Mean Joe got his nick name from N. Texas. Their nickname is the "Mean Green". Enter a kid named "Joe Green" and well, you can see how it came about...) The following year I transferred to UT. First game of the season was against N. Texas. I was a very conflicted individual in the stands. Wore my N. Texas hat and a UT sweatshirt....