View Single Post
Old 05-16-22, 10:29 AM
Fredo76
The Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: 1976 Fredo Speciale, Jamis Citizen 1, Ellis-Briggs FAVORI, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 856 Times in 422 Posts
Numbness in your foot, assuming circulation is OK, is possibly caused by misalignment of one or more vertebrae. Back misalignment issues can cause a lot of weird stuff, in my experience. Besides a neurologist, you might try a chiropractor. They can vary considerably in effectiveness, knowledge, and humility, so asking around for an enthusiastic recommendation might help. I remember that one chiropractor of mine who called himself a kinesiologist was particularly good at diagnostics - i.e. determining exactly where adjustment was needed, without any x-rays, even. One technique he used for diagnostics was to hold my ankle and ask me to resist his pulling, while pressing on individual ribs. When one made my resistance stronger, that was the one to adjust. He was the only one I've had use that technique. Some will measure skin conductance (I think), with a device that tells them where you are tightening yourself up. One visit to a crappy chiropractor should not dissuade you, IMO - they really do vary a lot.

As others have mentioned, the causes for the hand numbness and the foot numbness may be completely different.