View Single Post
Old 05-18-22, 11:21 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4225 Post(s)
Liked 2,945 Times in 1,804 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
Wow, I just did my first ride with a pace bot and that was a lot of fun. Not sure why I took so long to try that out? old dog I guess. I have always liked the tour rides (Tour of Watopia, Tour of Zwift, etc...) but those are far and few between now. I used to like the races but the pace is just too much for me now and I go all out and then pay for it. This was perfect, choose a pace bot I can match, get to draft and ride with others - best of all worlds.

Are they on a schedule at all so you can time when to join or just pick a bot and jump right in? I like to have a bit of a warm up first before starting full out.
Just pick one and jump in. You can also pick a lower one to warm up with, end that ride and then pick a faster one to jump in with. Or you can ride the route you know the one you want is on and hope its crew passes you when you're warmed up and ready for it (and end the ride and specifically join it for a new ride if it's not passing you soon). They tend to be running round the clock, though sometimes the crowds are bigger than others.
Likes For himespau: