View Single Post
Old 05-19-22, 06:39 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6963 Post(s)
Liked 10,963 Times in 4,688 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
For road use with other vehicles or pedestrians around the cutoff and no light wasted on illuminating the sky this is plenty bright. If you are offroad trail riding then one of the inexpensive symmetrical beam lights mentioned above is a better choice. I have owned probably 30 headlights including a couple of dyno lights and this is the best of all IMHO if you ride around other vehicles...

This throws more light further out so you have even illumination close and far and get WAY less tunnel vision and night fatigue when using for a longer ride. If you are a serious night road rider this is one of the best choices.

If you want for daytime visibility then you want a flasher that has a broad beam. There are a lot of choices here. My favorite is the Lyzene superdrive XL. It is not made anymore but you can find it on ebay. I like it because it is bright and uses replaceable 18650 rechargeable cells. It never goes bad because you can replace the battery, and you can carry a few small extra cells for an all night ride. (I own 5 of these!, some close to 8 years old now I think.)
Thanks for the detailed response!