Old 05-28-22, 05:09 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
The used market is insane right now, but honestly I don't think many people who bought a fancy bike at the start of covid will be hurting enough to make ends meet. Poor people just don't spend multiple thousands of dollars on a single bike, and the bike boom was largely the laptop class buying high end bikes.

Well, I agree with most of this statement, except I was not directly discussing the poor. There are plenty of people that have jobs and were\are not poor, but maybe decided to opt our of their jobs, that seems to be a trend lately. There are plenty of people that live above their means and the massive inflation we are seeing right could be the impetus that puts them over the edge between surviving to needing to unload stuff.