Old 05-31-22, 11:37 AM
Guttooth71

Bikes: Vintage Valgan , Giant Revolt Advanced, Trek 300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ehcoplex
Interesting- same color as mine, though different components & no SV tubing decals. But really nice shape and will surely clean/polish up very well! If the paint on mine had been anywhere near that condition it I sure wouldn't have stripped and repainted. I'm curious about the sticker at the top of the seat-tube...

Also interesting that there are some brazed on cable guides on this one while mine has none, though mine has higher-level components. Seems like maybe the color-coded hierarchy noted in the older linked Valgan post isn't completely accurate.
The little decal on seat tubing says "Tubing 10/10 handcrafted in France". I really don't know much about vintage bikes, I plan on keeping this as original as possible, but I would still like to ride it even though frame is a bit to large for me. I'm hoping it just needs minimal replacement parts and a tune up. How should I go about cleaning this bike up? What Chemicals to use/not to use.? Should I use aluminum foil to remove the rust on the chrome?