View Single Post
Old 05-31-22, 02:46 PM
redtop

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Western Pennsylvania

Red top is what my Grandpa called me. The top is no longer red. Anyhow I've been riding and working on bikes since I was a kid. I had maybe 5 years in my early 20s when I didn't ride much. I'll' tell the story sometime of why I started riding again. I'm sure you all will find it interesting
Anyhow for the last 4 years I've been volunteering for an outfit here in Beaver Co. Pennsylvania called Communicycle. We gather up discarded and donated bikes and fix them up to ridable safe condition. And give them to anyone who needs a bike. We try to get those who receive the bikes to have some skin in the game. Sometimes that is impracticable. We get so many bikes we are just glad someone wants one We also teach kids and adults basic bike repair. Its a good time!
Myself I ride a Specialized Sequoia Pro. It has a lot of miles and still going strong. A couple of years ago I did gear it lower. The old engine is kinda running out of steam on some of the hills around here. Last winter I converted a beat up Trek Road bike into a hybrid. It makes a nice fast comfortable runabout. I also have a Trek 4300 mountain bike. I rode it enough to wear out the drive train, that I replaced, But I've been finding it kind of uncomfortable lately. It might just find a new home.
Thanks