Old 06-03-22, 06:47 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
Originally Posted by tajimirich
It's hard for me to say. I don't really add up my KMs ridden, certainly not per puncture, but I ride my bike up to 20km every day - often much more, but I use my bike for practical movement around the city more than hobby day rides - and I think I like tyres that only start puncturing when their tread is worn down? That might be about as technical as I get here. I want tyres that will roll free, no feeling of drag, pretty much ignore surface changes, and remain intact until they're visibly starting to wear out.

In two years I changed my tyres once, with regards to my latest tyres, I wouldn't mind that going up to once a year, I just want to get a good balance, the maximum speed mixed with elevated puncture protection, that's why I mentioned both in the title.

Of my two options in my ot, I imagine the continental gp5000s are the safe choice, the vittorias a faster choice.. is that right? It's there a better choice? These are my points of interest.
Okay. If you've got just the last couple years on Gatorskins as a benchmark, you probably don't have a great idea of what to expect with tires with lesser protection. Just try the GP5Ks, see how you get on with them, and let that experience shape future choices.
Likes For WhyFi: