Old 06-06-22, 11:03 PM
ajh.me

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Phil Wood puller

Hi VonCarlos,

I'm such a newbie I can't see private messages or post pictures. I can send the puller to you if you can get me an address.

The puller consists of a two large steel washers and a pair of v-blocks. The washers are large enough to fit over the endcaps and one of them has 4 holes drilled and tapped for M5x0.70 machine screws. The screws then push against the other washer forming a separator plates. The washers are placed over the endcaps, the v-blocks are clamped to the endcap above the washers and then driving the machine screws in pulls the endcap off quite easily. Luckily the left endcap has an enlarged shoulder for the dropouts to bear against and the v-blocks just bear against the shoulder rather than relying on friction.

Took me FOREVER to build the damn puller, but it's done and you can have it. I don't even need postage money.

I'm sure the forum admin filters will catch this but I'm ajh.idaho and my server is the one provided by the big search engine company.

(Nice fleet of bikes, btw! my Masi is a 75, the Raleigh International about 82, an 80s Holdsworth Special, the Raleigh Track bike a 73, plus a few others of less historical note but all wonderful rides)

Last edited by ajh.me; 06-06-22 at 11:07 PM. Reason: update