Old 06-11-22, 06:53 PM
metalheart44

Bikes: Holland Exogrid & Holland HC

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TaraMom22
I just wanted to report back that my husband and I are booked with Cycle Holiday Ireland to do their 7 day trip in western Ireland from August 20-27. The trip and all the logistics sound perfect! We are both so excited for this trip, and we would nave never found Cycle Holiday Ireland without tigat's suggestion. We will report back when we get home in mid September after spending 3.5 weeks exploring the rest of Ireland by car. Be prepared for me to ask how to find another trip as perfect in another country
That looks like a fun itinerary. For your additional time it is worth a visit to the Gaeltacht on the Dingle Peninsula. While Dingle itself is a fun and very Irish town, the smaller Gaeltacht (Irish speaking) communities to the north and west are treasures. I lived for more than a year in this area and all my travels were by bike. At the time it was Uist transportation, but in retrospect cycling there is as good as anywhere I have been. And, the culture of this particular area is truly Irish and the traditional music in the pubs and elsewhere is unmatched. PM me if you want details .......