View Single Post
Old 06-14-22, 11:30 AM
Frenzen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Yes, that is a grand touring model. It has the 2nd set of bottle bosses under the down tube, a second set of eyelets on the rear dropouts and rack mounts on the upper set stays. It also has rack mounts on the fork blades, though they are not the typical, single boss, lo-rider mounts. Under the chainstay cable routing strted to become popular in the mid-1980s.

The derailleurs look like Shimano Z-series, which would place it mid-1980s and lower end. Those cantilever brakes might be a bit shy on stopping power, as they don't have much mechanical advantage. At least, this frame looks in the correct size range.
I must be blind because I thought these mounts on fork came from the fender and wasn’t sure how a rack would go there. I think this might be more touring wise unlike that Miyata 600Gt without its real fork! Thanks! Funnily enough I am speaking to another person and he had a similiar bike although with a 90’s Deore DX converted it to 9 speed indexed

Asked the owner for more pictures of the fork and the chainrings (I am not sure how I feel about them, middle chainring being so close to 1st.

Last edited by Frenzen; 06-14-22 at 11:53 AM.