View Single Post
Old 06-16-22, 05:35 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
I was looking at Praxis and they are out of stock on almost everything. She probably needs a 165 crank arm, and a 50/34 compact although what she has now is a 53/39. She isn't a serious rider so it wont matter too much. These get expensive pretty fast and the Praxis seemed reasonable. Maybe I'll get a new BB and then find a used crank but of course you need to get the right BB for the crank, or is it the other way? There are too many variations now.

This will be one nice bike for a not serious rider. When I asked if she wanted another road bike as a replacement she didnt hesitate to say yes.

Edit: In looking for cranks, there isn't much stock out there but Shimano 105 is available in that size. Would that crank with a Praxis BB30/PF30/Shimano BB be a good option?

And another question: Do I need to buy the tools for the BB install? It says I need a left and right hand cup tool but I saw somewhere they are included because who would actually have or need those otherwise? Or is it a standard size I can get from Park? The Praxis website has tools, but not for the Shimano conversion BBs.

Last edited by zacster; 06-16-22 at 06:39 PM.