Old 06-17-22, 03:21 PM
tairy

Bikes: Peugeot Ventoux, Trek Multitrack 830 (ebike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tiger1964
The black finish was the only down-check I saw, so cool that you decided on chrome. If the bike had been outfitted with any other black components, that would have been different.
So I got the cork handlebar grips, the handlebars and the front basket. I think they look pretty good together. When I thought I'd be near the end of my project, I hit another bump in the road. So I was told that my Modolo Speedy brakes could be vastly improved if I tried some Kool Stop brake pads. Facts, though are that these brakes are flat out terrible. It's time to update. In addition, I had to buy some brake levers that are capable of short pull for the Speedy brakes (they're Shimanos and they're also capable to switch to be compatible with long pull brakes). They're probably fine brake levers however, they're black and thus don't really go with this bike's color scheme.

So....it looks like I'm gonna look for some brakes that have a more modern twist. By that I mean are capable of stopping my bike. I think it will need a side pull caliper brake and still with a short pull. I'll probably pick these up:

velo orange - levers

If I sell the Modolo Speedy brakes to someone who wants to use vintage components, would you reckon I should keep the Kool Stops on there or return them? For someone who knows what they're doing maybe it's easy to get these brakes working right. Here are a few photos of what the bike looks like so far.

I think I may be getting a little too obsessive over the bike's look but with that said I may take off that rear rack.