Old 06-25-22, 02:39 PM
Schlafen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 63 Posts
I shave all my body hair (from the neck down) at least once a year between March-September. Just shaving your armpits will make a world of difference in the way your sweat smells, not only helps with sweat evaporation but keeps away alot of the bacteria from breeding in moist areas of the body. I used to ride in full kit on my road bike in the past years (20 miles round trip), however, this year I got a Brompton and don't ride in full kit anymore, now I ride in a looser gym tshirt (Under Armour or whatever, long/short sleeve depending on temperature) compression gym shorts and sandals. I don't use cotton while riding or exercising. I sweat the same amount on my road bikes as on my Brompton. While I love cycling in full kit on the weekends, I prefer this casual setup on my commute to work, much more enjoyable commuting experience.

Obligatory shower and deodorant in the morning right before I begin the ride to work. Last mile or so I take it ultra easy to get my heart rate down and, usually, body and kit is all dry before I arrive at the office. Don't have shower facilities at work so I rinse my face in the sink and change in clean office attire. If it's extremely hot ( very rare in Uk, still use a long sleeve shirt in the morning and it's June now) I use some extra deodorant spray, not liquid, gel or bar as they stay wet for longer and accentuate the sweat smell.

I take a batch of clean clothes in with me (usually on Monday, sometimes Friday) for the following week and keep them in a drawer, I bring home with me every day the shirt/tshirt/underwear/socks I use during the day, trousers stay at work and usually have 2 pairs in rotation for the week. I reuse the tshirt and shorts for my ride home as they are dry, sometimes they may stink a bit but don't care on my way home.

I work in the same office as the company director, had no complaints whatsoever in the past 6 years I've been working for this company.